THE DEATH TRIALS

 CHAPTER: 1 I couldn’t stand it. Too much pressure…too much to endure. I just don’t remember. My name. Who am I? Where am I? All these questions were buzzing inside my head. I felt excruciating pain in my shoulders. Blood was oozing. What happened? I seemed to have woken up and found myself staring through a dark and everlasting hall with a dim light flickering from a lantern at one side of a table. The light was feeble. The lantern was placed on a table beside a wooden chair in front of me. I could hear the droplets of rain falling from the room. Was it a basement? Was it raining? All I could describe is that it was a gloomy room, surrounded by four walls. The paint on the wall was the blackishbrown type. It was the only source of light in the room. Suddenly the door creaked open and a man entered the room

CHAPTER: 2 “Who are you?” I enquired to the strange-looking man, who had appeared before me. The man could hardly be 17 years of age. He was wearing a hat on his head, a black coat hanging over his shoulders, and was holding a cane probably made of metal. He was standing as if he was completely calm and relaxed like nothing had ever happened. ‘Who is this guy,’ I thought? I couldn’t describe his face properly due to the darkness, and he wore a black hat, which covered most of his features. “I believe I should be the one asking the questions.” He replied. He came forward, pulled out the wooden chair, and sat in front of me. He had a straight gaze; I could now make up his features. He had a straight long face with huge eyes of deep-violet blue color. The color of his hair was jet black-trimmed at both sides. He had a long-pointed nose. I could therefore describe his face in two words “astonishingly handsome”. “Let me state the facts. My name is William Montagov. I am a survivor of the SDU-90 virus, and the nuclear war that resulted in....” He hesitated for a moment as if every word was a burden on his shoulders. “You are a survivor like us. We found you unconscious on a three-story bombarded building two weeks ago.” “And you brought me here…why?” He rolled his eyes. “I assumed you were going to say thank you...” Alas! Another question. William continued. “You have been brought to a survivor’s camp for your own safety. You had been retained here until you gain consciousness. You have not been struck by any serious injury. We call ourselves the Immortals. We never die. We struggle to survive. That is our ambition and goal.” He sighed. “I have given you enough information. Now, wash your face, you look terrible.” After saying this, he stood up and walked away without looking back or saying a single word.

 Amama Umer Inter I (Pre-engineering)

Comments