DAYS OF CHILDHOOD



Sometime I really wanna fly back into the dreamy 

days of childhood,

into the blessed days of innocence, into the 

beautiful days of simplicity and purity.

When my life was just me, myself, where I had no 

boundaries to care about, and no desires to strive 

for.

My heart and soul were as free as a bird,

while my mind was as fresh as a daisy.

My feet could walk any way I chose for

I was absolutely unmindful about the arduous 

moves of life.

My eyes used to count the twinkling stars at night

those eyes that didn’t look for a way to the 

future.

I used to swing along the wing, chasing butterflies 

into the greens,

but not emotionally running after my dreams.

Doing crazy kiya re in the storeroom was my thing

as trials never made me find peace in romantic 

songs.

Each day revolved around munching daisy bites,

Calling out alphabets and dancing like a ballerina 

in the balcony,

thinking about the injustice of the brutal sphere 

wasn’t my cup of tea.

I wish those carefree days could ever return,

I wish I could feel some moments twice.

I wish I could enjoy that freedom anew,

when my life was just me myself where,

I had nothing else to think of.

Maryam Haider XI O A

Comments