THE UNHEARD VOICE



I am the dawn

Turned into a sunset

I am the smile

Walked away by the bloodshed

I am the hope

Which was buried alive

I am the unheard voice

Of a mother, daughter and wife

My day begins with the cries of a child

My night ends with the sobs of the ones who survived

I was once like a rainbow painted on the sky

Now I’m left on the bare ground, only to die

They kill the innocents, the peaceful, and the beautiful

Their cries, their screams seem so acoustical

The world watched silently

While they trod on us violently

We are afraid for our kids to grow up one day

Because we don’t want them to live in regret or dismay

We are dying inside, but hope is plastered to our souls

I wish that the promises they made, weren’t made out

of clay

Areej Fatima IX O

Comments