LOVE AND PAIN



My path by yours

Was crossed in light

Now the thought of you

Makes me cry at night

My thoughts are scattered

My heart is shattered

My mind is so dark

Contained in a soul of art

It’s late at night and you’re on my mind

With your shining eyes and delicate smile

I still remember the day you took my hand

And held me close

And promised to never let go

But you left me here

With the never-ending tears

Yet, I still pray for your return

Even when I know you’re never coming back

Let me handle your broken heart

And show you how to smile

Let me hold your pale hands

And show you how to love

Let me lead into sunlight

Away from haunting murkiness

Because all I want right now

Is to see a smile decorate your face

Hurt and pain

There’s so much to gain

Love and beauty

It’s all the same

Sabeen Naveed IX O


Comments