I CRY FOR HEAVEN TO INTERFERE


Never before has this sky seen drains of blood, never before has this sky seen rain of tears and never before has this sky witnessed an agonized person’s roar piercing to the skies and yelling “I CRY FOR HEAVEN TO INTERFERE” Are we, human beings, worth living on this planet? Are we entitled to be labeled God’s best creation? NO! the world where we live in today, the beautiful world that houses us sinners and still provides us with its chest, the never ending treasure, it was never meant to be like this. From the Himalayas to the Alps, from the Mediterranean to Caspian, why is mankind in trouble? Why is war on terror brutalizing the world of peace? Why does a mother cry for her lost child? Why? This world which was once a heaven, is now crying. Each and every day its being cursed, each and every day its chest bears the load of ever increasing graves, each and every day its character is stained by treachery and hatred of its very own beloved ones. From the valley of Kashmir to the desert of Iraq, its face has been stained by blood, blood of innocents and peace lovers, blood of extremists and terrorists, blood of its own land being bombed every day. Now it asks us, it questions us, “Was there no other way?” Every second its heart heats up but do we really care? Global warming, oil spills, racism, and child labor, these are all the evils it has to bear everyday. And it questions itself, “Am I responsible for this? Had I not loved them? Had I not provided them with my treasures? Maybe today I would have been in a better shape. Maybe its my love that has spoiled humans habits and has made them forget that this life is going to end and accountability will be soon. ‘No more’. It says no more … I cry for heavens to interfere and do justice with the ones crying, I cry for heavens to interfere and lighten my chest from the burden of these graves, to take my heart and restore its beauty back to what it once was. So pure and clear, the heart that could spread love and care for the blacks as much as for the whites. And if not now, then when? Time has come for things to change, and the mankind to learn that its existence is a gift and the land it walks on with pride has a heart which moans every day and roars, “I cry for heavens to interfere.” 

Manahil Tanweer IX Maroon

Comments